Who we are
This website is managed by Luova Labs for dev.bookbarbados.com. Book Barbados is an Online Travel Agency. For more information, see here.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are in compliance with the laws of Barbados and those regulations set out under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘ data controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to act as a point of reference on specific articles published on the website. These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- Consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- Contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- Legal Obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- Legitimate Interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
We will not share your personal information with any other third party for any remarketing purposes.
We would like to send you information about products and services, Book Barbados updates and special offers, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or instant messaging (IM) on social media platforms. We will only ask whether you would like us to track your site information when we are requesting your consent.
We track user activity with Google Analytics on our website to enhance your user experience.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- contacting us at [email protected]
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails.
It may take up to 48 hours for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Citizens) and Data Protection Act (2019) (Barbados), you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a
structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit
those data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects
concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
Retention of Data
The criteria we use to determine our retention periods include:
- The duration of our relationship with you, including any open accounts you may have with Book Barbados, or recent bookings or other transactions you have made on our platform.
- Whether we have a legal obligation related to your personal information, such as laws requiring us to keep records of your transactions with us.
- Whether there are any current and relevant legal obligations affecting how long we will keep your personal information, including contractual obligations, litigation holds, statutes of limitations, and regulatory investigations
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, or write to
- let us have enough information to identify you (name, registration details)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport
and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in any unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Book Barbados Cookies Policy Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
The Service collects information through the use of “cookies” or similar technologies. Cookies are widely used to make websites and applications work, or work more efficiently, and help them remember certain information about you, either for the duration of your visit (using a “session” cookie) or for repeat visits (using a “persistent” cookie).
Types and functions of cookies
Certain cookies are required or “essential” for our sites to function as intended. Essential cookies are necessary for you to navigate our site and use certain features like logging in to your account and managing your bookings. These cookies are also used to remember security settings that allow access to particular content. Lastly, we use essential cookies to collect information on which web pages visitors go to most, so we can improve our online services. You are not able to opt out of essential cookies.
Other Types of Cookies
We also use other types of cookies to make our site engaging and useful to you:
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. For example, authentication and security cookies are used to identify and recognize registered users and to
enable them to gain access to requested content or features. Without these cookies, the requested services cannot be provided.
Performance Cookies. These are analytics and research cookies that allow us to collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. This helps us to improve the way the website works and allows us to test different ideas on the site.
Targeting Cookies. These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Pixels. These are small objects embedded into a web page that are not visible to the user. We use pixels to deliver cookies to your computer, facilitate the log-in process, monitor the activity on our sites, and deliver online advertising.
Functional Cookies. We want to make sure when you visit our site, your preferences (such as your preferred language), settings, and previous searches are remembered. Functional cookies enhance your experience on Book Barbados’ website.
Analytics Cookies. We use analytics cookies to:
- Understand our site’s performance and how it is used, including the number of visitors, how long you stay on the site, and which parts of the site you visit. We can see details about how visitors interacted with the site, like the number of clicks visitors made on a given page, their mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words visitors used, and the text visitors enter into various fields
- Test different designs and features for our site
- Monitor how our visitors reach our sites
- Determine effectiveness of our advertising
- Improve our services, including your experience on our site
Some analytics cookies can perform tasks essential and/or functional to online services like enabling site improvements and testing changes on a site.
Advertising Cookies.Book Barbados and our third-party advertising partners may use advertising cookies to show you advertisements both on and off our sites that are based on your interests. We may allow third-parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies to perform their services and may combine the information that they collect about you on our sites with other information that they have collected. These third-parties include business partners who collect information when you view or interact with one of (1) their advertisements on our sites or (2) our advertising or booking information on their sites and advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements or tracking mechanisms they place on many different sites on the Internet. Our partners may make assumptions about your interests, characteristics, or preferences and add you to groups based on those assumptions in order to show you tailored advertisements. Book Barbados does not have access to the cookies these third-parties may use to collect information about your interests, and the information practices of these third-parties are not covered by this Cookie Statement or our Privacy Statement.
- Help us improve your experience when visiting our sites
- Fulfill transactions and ensure our sites perform as intended
- Remember your preferences, such as language, region, or currency
- Provide you with relevant advertising and analyze performance of the ads
- Enable you to return to previous travel searches
- Identify errors on our sites
- Help with data protection and potentially detect and investigate malicious or fraudulent activity
- Help us understand traffic to our site, including time and date of the visit, time and date of the last visit, and other information
- Analyze how well our sites are performing
Types of information collected by cookies
The types of information that we collect through cookies include:
- IP address
- Device ID
- Viewed pages
- Browser type
- Browsing information
- Operating system
- Internet Service Provider
- Whether you have responded to, or interacted with, an advertisement
- Referring or referred links or URLs
- Features used and activities engaged in on our sites and in our apps
How to make a complaint
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU Citizens) and the Data Protection Act (2019) (Barbados), also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular the Data Protection Officer.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted athttps://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or call.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email or call.