Last updated May 24, 2022.
Who we are
This website is managed by Luova Labs for bookbarbados.com. Book Barbados is an Online Travel Agency with its headquarters in Bridgetown Barbados. For more information, see here.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are in compliance with the laws of Barbados and those regulations set out under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘data controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to act as a point of reference on specific articles published on the website. These other third-party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third-party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
How we secure your data
We have implemented the appropriate security measures and organizational safeguards to ensure your data is safe and secure, will not be accidentally lost, used, accessed, altered or disclosed in any unauthorized manner.
We require any third party who is contracted to process your personal data on our behalf to implement security measures for the protection of your data and to handle such data in accordance with the law.
The communication between your browser and our website uses a secure encrypted connection wherever your personal data is involved. If there is a personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
The criteria we use to determine our retention periods include:
- The duration of our relationship with you, including any open accounts you may have with Book Barbados, or recent bookings or other transactions you have made on our platform.
- Whether we have a legal obligation related to your personal information, such as laws requiring us to keep records of your transactions with us.
- Whether there are any current and relevant legal obligations affecting how long we will keep your personal information, including contractual obligations, litigation holds, statutes of limitations, and regulatory investigations
- Once the required time for retention has expired, we will delete your data.
The personal data we collect
You may visit our site anonymously. If you choose to register on our website we will mainly collect personal data from you.
Personal data means any information about a natural person which can be used to identify that person. It does not include anonymized data, where all of the personal details, such as name and place of birth have been removed.
We do not knowingly collect any data from children under the age of 13 or make bookings with children. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use or submit your data to the website. Any bookings for children under the age of 13 should be made by their parents.
The types of personal data we collect are:
Identity data: including information such as your first name, last name, and title.
Contact data: including information such as your email address, physical address, billing address, country, and telephone number.
Financial data: including information such payment card details or bank account details.
Booking data: including information such as details of your bookings and fulfilment of your bookings (such as location, activity, hotel or villa reservations, car rentals, currency, discounts, total price etc.), payments to and from you and details of other products and services you have obtained from us, correspondence or communications with you with respect to your bookings and details of any bookings made on your behalf.
Technical data: including information such as details of the device(s) used by you to access our service, your login data, your username and assigned password, your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone and setting, location, browser plug-in types and versions of operating system and platform.
Account data: including information such as bookings made by you, bookings you have reserved or bookings you are interested in.
Usage data: including information such as website performance statistics, website traffic and other communication data, loyalty and rewards activities; and details of any bookings made by you.
How we collect and use your data
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect by registering with us, making bookings on our website and subscribing to our newsletter.
We also collect data through automated technologies or interactions which automatically collect usage data about your browsing actions and pattens, and Contact Data from incomplete bookings. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for further details.
We collect and process your personal data to:<.p>
- Fulfil your bookings
- Fulfil bookings made on your behalf by our affiliated travel agents
- Keep you up to date with the latest promotions
- Improve our services
- Meet our legal responsibilities
With your consent, we also share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
Consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
Contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
Legal Obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
Legitimate Interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
We would like to send you information about products and services, BookBarbados updates and special offers, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or instant messaging (IM) on social media platforms. We will only ask whether you would like us to track your site information when we are requesting your consent.
We track user activity with Google Analytics on our website to enhance your user experience.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
1. Contacting us at [email protected]
2.Using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails.
It may take up to 48 hours for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Citizens) and Data Protection Act (2019) (Barbados), you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects
- concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, or write to
- Provide enough information to identify you (name, registration details)
- Provide proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know the information to which your request relates.
BookBarbados Cookies Policy Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
The Service collects information through the use of “cookies” or similar technologies. Cookies are widely used to make websites and applications work, or work more efficiently, and help them remember certain information about you, either for the duration of your visit (using a “session” cookie) or for repeat visits (using a “persistent” cookie).
We also use other types of cookies to make our site engaging and useful to you:
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. For example, authentication and security cookies are used to identify and recognize registered users and to enable them to gain access to requested content or features. Without these cookies, the requested services cannot be provided.
Performance Cookies. These are analytics and research cookies that allow us to collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. This helps us to improve the way the website works and allows us to test different ideas on the site.
Targeting Cookies. These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Pixels. These are small objects embedded into a web page that are not visible to the user. We use pixels to deliver cookies to your computer, facilitate the log-in process, monitor the activity on our sites, and deliver online advertising.
Functional Cookies. We want to make sure when you visit our site, your preferences (such as your preferred language), settings, and previous searches are remembered. Functional cookies enhance your experience on Book Barbados’ website.
Analytics Cookies. We use analytics cookies to:
- Understand our site’s performance and how it is used, including the number of visitors, how long you stay on the site, and which parts of the site you visit. We can see details about how visitors interacted with the site, like the number of clicks visitors made on a given page, their mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words visitors used, and the text visitors enter into various fields
- Test different designs and features for our site
- Monitor how our visitors reach our sites
- Determine effectiveness of our advertising
- Improve our services, including your experience on our site
Some analytics cookies can perform tasks essential and/or functional to online services like enabling site improvements and testing changes on a site.
Advertising Cookies.Book Barbados and our third-party advertising partners may use advertising cookies to show you advertisements both on and off our sites that are based on your interests. We may allow third-parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies to perform their services and may combine the information that they collect about you on our sites with other information that they have collected. These third-parties include business partners who collect information when you view or interact with one of (1) their advertisements on our sites or (2) our advertising or booking information on their sites and advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements or tracking mechanisms they place on many different sites on the Internet. Our partners may make assumptions about your interests, characteristics, or preferences and add you to groups based on those assumptions in order to show you tailored advertisements. Book Barbados does not have access to the cookies these third-parties may use to collect information about your interests, and the information practices of these third-parties are not covered by this Cookie Statement or our Privacy Statement.
Help us improve your experience when visiting our sites Fulfill transactions and ensure our sites perform as intended Remember your preferences, such as language, region, or currency Provide you with relevant advertising and analyze performance of the ads Enable you to return to previous travel searches Identify errors on our sites Help with data protection and potentially detect and investigate malicious or fraudulent activity Help us understand traffic to our site, including time and date of the visit, time and date of the last visit, and other information Analyze how well our sites are performing
Types of information collected by cookies
The types of information that we collect through cookies include:
- IP address
- Device ID
- Viewed pages
- Browser type
- Browsing information
- Operating system
- Internet Service Provider
- Whether you have responded to, or interacted with, an advertisement
- Referring or referred links or URLs
- Features used and activities engaged in on our sites and in our apps
How to make a complaint
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU Citizens) and the Data Protection Act (2019) (Barbados), also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular the Data Protection Officer.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or call.